Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Jarrod Guth: Guitar Extraordinaire

I can't refrain myself any longer. I've just GOT to introduce my dear friend and bandmate (and occasionally a sound life coach) Jarrod Guth.

(image credit @Jarrod Guth Music Facebook) 

I consider Jarrod one of the most in demand and talented musicians in the Topeka music scene and beyond. For a brief recap of his role in our local band Monk's Wine, click here.

Aside from fulfilling his crucial role in Monk's Wine, Jarrod is tenacious and plays actively around town for weddings, corporate gigs, and other various events. Though he has a handful of guitar players whom he admires and pulls inspiration from, a continued influential figure for Jarrod is Topeka native Andy Mckee (post on Andy coming soon). His playing is dynamic and diverse, ranging from atmospheric melodies with very loose phrasing to heavier riffing and even blues. You'd be hard pressed to find a style of music that Jarrod couldn't play. Add in a witty stage presence accompanied by a fine singing voice and you've got Jarrod Guth.

The more I spend time with Jarrod, the more I realize his passion spills over into every aspect of his life: Fatherhood, friendships, work, you name it. His presence in Topeka is one to be reckoned with and he's an incredibly generous, approachable human being. I'm honored to call him my friend and bandmate.

For upcoming shows, tunes, and much more, see the links below!




Jarrod Guth - Groove for Maxwell

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you've become so close with your band mates. It's truly important for the members of a band to work well together. You've got to build each other up, challenge one another and put your creative minds to work! He sounds like an extraordinary guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both my bandmates are extraordinary. I honestly feel I don't even hold a candle to their talents!

    ReplyDelete