Thursday, February 5, 2015

Introduction

Hello all!


My name is Sam Zlotky and I'm a junior at Washburn University. Some would describe me as reserved and stoic, while others might describe me as crazy and outgoing. I like to think that I'm a nice blend of the two. When it comes to music, however, I'm about as out there as you can get! I've been playing drums and percussion since the 4th grade, and it's been quite the journey. 

Looking back it's still hard to believe I was once a young boy learning the basics to the snare drum. Today, I find myself playing drum set/percussion for Topeka based band Monk's Wine. Furthermore, I enjoy producing electronic music both professionally and recreationally. Music is certainly my passion, that goes without saying. I believe that with that passion comes an innate responsibility to be aware of the local music in my community. 

As a Topeka native and a long time Topeka musician, I'm blessed to be involved in the local music scene. I look forward to sharing with you what Topeka has to offer in the realm of music entertainment. It will be exciting to blog not only in an informative manner, but through the eyes of someone who is a part of the local music scene. Stay tuned (especially guitar players, yes pun intended). 

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Even though I met you last semester I had no idea that you were a musician. I'm really looking forward to reading about your experiences and gaining more insight from another musician's point of view. It's so great that you're able to take something you're so passionate about and make it the inspiration behind a blog like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to use your advice to open my musical horizons! I tend to listen to the same type of music all the time, so hopefully I can get some new ideas. Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to meet someone so into the local music scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad you are so infatuated with music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is awesome to hear some musicians from the local area I love the topic!

    ReplyDelete