Thursday, February 19, 2015

Local Music Venues

It only seems fitting to write about some local music venues after discussing places where you can buy music and music related stuff. 

Celtic Fox

First and foremost, this is the place where I've undoubtedly played the most gigs.


(image credit @Celtic Fox Facebook)

Celtic Fox radiates a vitality that I've yet to find with another local venue. The atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed, but also energetic and the place is well maintained.


Tailgators Sports Pub & Grub

Aside from being delicious, simply stated it's just a fun place to be. This happens to be the venue where my band Monk's Wine won our first battle of the bands (See Monk's Wine post here).


The Boobie Trap

Aside from having a fun and exuberant name, what some might call a run-down hole in the wall I call an excellent place to hang out and play music. My band has performed here for a CD release party. If you live in Topeka, you've experienced The Boobie Trap. Great place, great people!


Check out the YouTube video below to enjoy a local band playing at the Boobie Trap here in Topeka, KS. 

5 comments:

  1. These all sound like very upbeat venues! Definitely hope to check some of them out soon since I'm still slightly new to Topeka. When I was with my first boyfriend, I remember all the different venues I would visit to see him play. Some of them were high class looking while others were like you said "run-down hole in the wall." It was a crazy experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'll have to check these out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Trap! I'm there pretty much every Wednesday for karaoke and the shows are a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celtic Fox is probably my favorite of these but they are all little gems of Topeka not too many people know about. Great heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amelia I used to go to the trap every Wednesday, i'd love to start going again. My band Monk's Wine is play at the Celtic Fox this Friday. I'm stoked!

    ReplyDelete