Thursday, February 26, 2015

On The Shoulders of Giants

I've yet to introduce a metal band, and these guys showcase their genre exceptionally well. I know them personally and had an opportunity to help them as a drum tech for a show in Lawrence. They have opened for known touring metal bands such as Periphery, and their potential is huge. With bone crushing riffs played with precision and intensity, On The Shoulders of Giants owns every stage they stand upon.

(image credit @OTSOG Facebook)

Members

(left) - Sage Cornelius, guitar/clean vocals

(middle/front) - Aaron Denher, drums

(right) - Steven Perez, guitar

(not pictured) - Kyler Delfs, vocals - Grant Sunbye, bass 

Genre

To reiterate, I'm just not a fan of confining bands to genres. I like to let the music speak for itself. That being said, these guys would gleefully tell you their music is a technical mix of hardcore and metalcore, maybe with a pinch of punk and oh....did I say technical? 

Closing

On The Shoulders of Giants has quite a following here in Topeka, and it's no secret why. They're a bunch of fun guys who play metal, and they play it well! 

For upcoming shows, tunes, and much more, see the links below!


4 comments:

  1. Not a fan of heavy metal, but you could probably convince me to give them a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Marissa, heavy metal is definitely not a genre of music I flock to when I'm selecting a song for my playlist or switching through stations on the radio. However, these guys sound like they've established a very noteworthy band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the exposure you get these bands with your blog. I am listening to these guys who I would maybe never have heard if it were not for you. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Riley, a lot of my earlier posts were just giving bands exposure! It was a great sensible way to kick off this blog. A huge part of me is in love with metal and I'm trying to listen to as much of it as possible.

    ReplyDelete